Matt’s Maxims 2.0
1. Make a list. Before you do anything else, make sure you know what needs to get done. Without that, you’ve got no way to know when you’ve finished.
2. Set reasonable goals. Know what you’re capable of doing. It’s better to aim low and exceed expectations than over promise and fall short.
3. Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. If you wait for perfection, you’ll never produce anything.
4. Don’t be your own enemy. Be aware of the faults you find in others and make sure they’re not your own.
5. You can’t wear someone else’s shoes. Trying to understand another’s perspective is extremely important, but you can never understand it completely. Your own experience will always color your views.
6. Always wear a suit to the interview. Also weddings and funerals. Some things you just can’t argue with.
7. Everybody has bad days. Be patient and don’t hold grudges. For the most part, we’re all good people but we all make mistakes and we’re not always at our best.
8. When you see a green man, cross the road. Take advantage of opportunities. You never know when they’ll come your way again.